This idea was originated with an aim to bring peace, freedom, equality, and wellbeing to all human beings in the world.
In brief, the earth has enough arable land for all of us 7,000 humans
to share equally for 1 rai (1,600 sq.m.) each. That's why we need to
specify that each human should not own a private land of no more or
less than 1,600 sq.m.
Here is the detail:
- Earth's total land = 149.0 million sq.km.
- Earth's total arable land = 13.8 million sq.km. (13,800,000 sq.km)
- Global human population = 8 billion (8,000,000,000 persons)
- So, arable land/person = 13800000/8000000000 = 0.001725 sq.km. = 1725 sq.m. = 0.42625678 acre
- That means the arable land on earth is enough for each of all humans to own privately for about 0.4 acre or 1,600 sq.m.
- And, with 0.4 acre per person, we will remain => 149.0 - 13.8 =
135.2 million sq.km. as public land and 361.1 million sq.km. as public
How large is
If the area is square, a 1600-sq.m. (1 rai) land is 40 x 40
If the area is round, 1 rai has a diameter of about 45 meters. (The
exact radius is 22.57 meters.)
Thus, living in a private land of 1 rai is like having a private
bedroom that is bigger than regular houses these days. However, not
only sleeping, you can also do farming inside this private arable land.
It also allows you to keep some good distance from neighbors or
passersby when you need some privacy.